How to use Envigilator to gain insight into students work steps.
Before an exam or assignment:
- The educator navigates to the Envigilator web site and clicks the link to run the Envigilator educator app.
- The educator logs in using an existing Envigilator account, or creates a new Envigilator account.
- The educator defines a new event and gives it a unique name.
During the exam:
- Students navigate to the Envigilator web site and run the Envigilator student app by clicking the link.
- Students log into Envigilator using their first and last name, Proctor Username, and the Event Name specified by the educator.
- While students are completing the exam, Envigilator records screen activity by capturing screen images and sending them to the to the Envigilator server.
- The educator runs the Envigilator educator app and logs in.
- The educator can get a list of which students are currently logged in to each event.
- The educator can view thumbnail images of all students' computer screens as the students work on the exam.
- The educator can watch an individual student’s screen in full size, and can rewind or fast forward through the screen images.
After the exam:
- When finished with the exam, students log off Envigilator.
- Educators can review and replay screen captures for all students and all events.